The University of Shkodra, "Luigj Gurakuqi" has provided strong collaborative relations with international universities, different foundations, organizations and associations. In this framework the University has signed several collaboration agreements and protocols on mutual interest fields.
The University of Shkodra has singed collaboration agreements with:
The collaboration among the University of Shkodra and other International homologue universities or institutions is based on many aspects. The most important aspects are: Academic staff mobility to exchange experiences on documentation and literature (in the framework of the implementation of the Bologna Process), the organization of mutual activities in supporting the qualification of the academic staff, compiling and applying mutual projects, organizing mutual scientific conferences or activities, student mobility etc.
Another very important aspect is the participation of the University Shkodra in bilateral or multilateral projects. During these years the University of Shkodra has participated in many projects. The largest projects are:
1. In the framework of the Erasmus Mundus External Cooperation Window, the University of Shkodra is applying the "BASILEUS" project. Through this project has been stimulated the mobility of academic staff and students exchange. The coordinator of this project is the University of Gent, Belgium.
2. SEE Doctoral Studies in Mathematical Sciences. Tempus project.
3. "Progetto Albania" project (1995-2005). This project was leaded and financed by Tuscany Region (Italy) and with the participation of Florence University, MURST, FORMEZ, INDIRE, UNOPS- PASSARP, MAE. The objective of this project was to use the intercollegiate collaboration as a complex model of inter-institutional collaboration for the local development.
4. Tempus Project IB JEP- 17018- 2002 "Public Administration and Management in Shkoder" PAMS approved and financed in 2002. The objective of this project was Institution Building and had two fundamental aspects: The implementation of university curricula in the Faculty of Law with the objective to train the professors and the administration employees. The establishment of a Training Centre for training and updating the public administration employees.
5. Tempus Project JEP- 15054-2000 "The Model of a European Judge" with time duration of two years 2000-2002 and the objective of this project was to train the judges. In this course there were trained 30 judges from Albania, Bosnia Herzegovina and Macedonia.
Since 2004 The High Pedagogical School of Soloturn (Switzerland) has been engaged in the project in partnership with the University of Shkodra (Educational Sciences Faculty mainly with the Elementary and Pre- elementary teacher Branch). The objective of the project is to exchange reciprocal educational experiences mainly in Elementary and Pre- elementary schools. It is important to stress the fact that students have directly been engaged in this project.
6. The Conference of German Rectors and Heilderberg University financed the project titled "Ecosystem research of Shkodra Lake". This is a scientific project on Environmental issues and it is applied through the collaboration among The University of Shkodra, The University of Graz, The University of Podgorica and The University of Heidelberg.
Since 2005 the University of Shkodra has applied in CEEPUS network and has been recruited into two following networks:
Social Sciences Faculty:
CH-RO-0014-02-0607-Ro 130/ -Borders and Borderlines in Cultural Anthropology in the university education.
CII- CZ-0029-02- 0607- Idea of European Culture, History and Politic
Some other institutions that have given a great contribution are: SOROS foundation (offering scholarships, financial and technical assistance), DAAD from TEMPUS programme, "Madonnina del Grappa" Foundation in Florence (this foundation has played a great role on the establishment of Typing Centre of University, the establishment of Physiotherapy branch at University and in many other aspects).
Last update: 2010-05-31 08:18:35