As part of the EU-Programme ERASMUS+ Mobility with Partner Countries, the University of Vechta, Germany in collaboration with the University of Shkodra “Luigj Gurakuqi” offers 3 scholarships in the field of English Studies (Bachelor or Master), 3 scholarships in the field of German Studies (Bachelor or Master) and 2 scholarships in the field of Geography Studies (Bachelor or Master) for the spring semester 2018/19.
These scholarships are offered in the framework of program titled: International credit mobility financed by EU. This program enables to students of Shkodra University to go to University of Vechta and vice versa. Students are able to study at Vechta University for a period of about 4.5 months (March 2019 – July 2019) for which credits are obtained. After the mobility phase, the students return to their sending institution to complete their studies.
The University of Vechta is located at the heart of Northwest Lower Saxony in Germany. Cosmopolitan, personal, familial – today the University of Vechta is a young, modern campus university with excellent conditions for studying and a clearly delineated profile. For the more than 5000 students, the campus offers a familial atmosphere conveniently coupled with the infrastructure of a modern university.
Further information is available on the university webpage:
Information on the faculties is available here:
A list of possible modules is available here:
Please keep in mind that not all courses offered in a subject are offered every semester.
Students participating in the ERASMUS+ Programme are exempted from tuition fees at the University of Vechta .
Who can apply?
Applications are welcome from the first or second year BA-students enrolled in German study programme from the University of Shkodra “Luigj Gurakuqi”
Which requirements are necessary?
- applicants have to be enrolled as a full-time-student at the University of Shkodra in a BA or Master second year programme that will lead to an accepted degree;
- the grant is tied to a successful completion of a full semester at the University of Vechta;
- scholarshipholders must not receive financial support from any another EU-programme at the same time;
Required documents for the application:
- Curriculum vitae
- Transcript of records
- Letter of intent (what is your motivation and your focus to study in Vechta?)
- List of courses you wish to take
- The application has to be handed in English.
- Student from the Geography department have to hand also a Certifcate of English Language
All documents have to be sent in electronically as one pdf-file at email@example.com
What offers the ERASMUS+ Programme in addition?
- The academic recognition of the completed credits from the visiting university as agreed in the Learning Agreement
- Access to almost all courses taught at the University of Vechta
- An accommodation data base and personal assistance in finding an apartment or a room in a flat share
- Participation at the Smoother Start Program, an introduction programme for international exchange students, including an intensive German language course, an intercultural awareness course for Germany and assistance with formalities
- Courses in German as a foreign language
- A tandem language learning program
- Organized excursions in Lower Saxony
- Free university sports
Assessment of the applications
A selection committee with members of both universities will assess the applications.
Application deadline: 18.11.2018.